214 Line 6 South, Oro-Medonte, ON, L0L 2E0, Canada
Welcome to 214 Line 6 South in beautiful Oro-Medonte. Situated on 107 acres, this magnificent custom-built home leaves no desire unsatisfied. Designed by renowned architect, Ted Handy, this masterpiece features over 7,000 sqft of finished living space, 4 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, 2 - ½ bathrooms, a glorious great room overlooking the magnificent grounds and spring-fed pond, a chef’s kitchen, a formal dining and living room with views of Kempenfelt Bay on the horizon, a spacious home office, a cozy family room with surround sound. Utilizing geothermal technology, this energy efficient home even offers an indoor pool, sauna and spa with separate climate control! For the aviation enthusiast, this rare find also features a private 2600’ X 80’ grass airstrip, two heavy vinyl hangers, and a 90’ X 45’ metal building, two thirds of which has been subdivided into a geothermally climate-controlled workshop with large doors to provide access for large vehicles.
• Private grass airstrip (2600 X 80ft) is diagonally placed on the property in an east-west direction to suite the prevailing winds. There is an orange wind sock and range marker style lights to guide navigation/night landing. The hydro lines on the approach are buried and the posts are marked with appropriate reflectors. The runway connects to a grass taxiway that ends at the three aircraft hangers, two of which are vinyl canvass shelters, and one is a 90ft X 45ft metal building, two thirds of which has been subdivided into a climate-controlled workshop with large garage doors to provide access for large vehicles.
• The custom-built residence, designed by renowned architect Ted Handy, was completed in 1995. The main floor, per the available blueprints, is 3,200 sqft, the upper floor is 1,150 sqft, and the walk-out basement level is 3,200 sqft plus an additional cold/wine cellar. There is also an attached 3 bay garage offering 1,105 sqft.
• A fully screened-in porch is located off the Great Room providing for carefree entertaining. Additional decks are located off the master bedroom and sunken living room. All decking materials are extruded composite and maintenance free.
• Front entrance landscaping is designed by Stephan Bollinger and features a dry-stone riverbed that flows under the front entrance bridge
• Geothermal closed loop ground source heating units are used in both the workshop and the home providing for energy efficient heating and cooling.
• Windows are vinyl clad argon filled units and were custom made in London Ontario. Window screens are sensibly located on the interior for easy removal for cleaning.
• New Kassell Wood steel roof with a 50-year warranty was installed in 2013
• The home and steel outbuilding is protected by a hard-wired alarm system that is monitored 24 hours/day
• Hydro service is buried from the concession road to the large transformer servicing the property. A 200-amp service supplies the steel outbuilding, and a 600-amp service supplies the home. The home features a quick hook up for a PTO driven 60-amp generator. The property also features a 10KW fixed angulation solar panel array that is connected to the grid and which is contracted (fully transferable) until 2035. Annual income from this solar panel array is approximately $8,500.
• The well servicing the property is 65 feet deep. Water from the well is conditioned with a UV/filter system and a potassium water softener.
• The wood burning stone fireplace in the Great Room has been uniquely designed with the highest efficiency in mind and features a power damper.
• The house is designed to be low maintenance. Pillars are fiberglass and decking and railings are composite. Aluminum cladding has also been utilized extensively.
• There are two 80 litre propane tanks discretely hidden near the house to supply two propane
(Napoleon) fireplaces and hot water heater.
• The sunken Living room is well lit by pot lights and beyond the attached deck is a view of the large back yard and pond.
• The stairs are located off the main hall and climb to the two bedrooms upstairs and the upper lounge, or they can be descended to the lower level. (The open area in the stairwell was designed to accommodate an elevator should one ever be needed.)
• Flooring in high traffic areas is solid maple with seven layers of durable finish. Tile is used extensively in the lower hallway. Carpet in the bedrooms only.
• The office features a built-in cherry veneer custom wall unit with two computer stations. This unit also hides the control unit for the unique lighting system. Throughout the house there are labelled key pads that activate the lighting. All fixtures can have the lights dimmed and programmed with features such as automatic on at dusk, and can be controlled by a smartphone.
• The master Bedroom features a Napoleon gas fireplace. Ensuite has marble floor and glass enclosed shower with separate 2-person massage therapy jet-tub and a well-lit make-up area. The walk-in closet is accessible from either the bathroom or bedroom. The master also features a walk-out to the deck.
• Each of the second-floor bedrooms features a walk-in closet and private ensuite bathroom. One bedroom features a unique cast bronze porthole from a Canadian warship.
• The formal dining room features a stunning chandelier and build-in lighted china cabinet. Large storage cupboards and a two-piece powder room are across the hall from the dining area.
• The main hallway flows into the open kitchen and great room area which features vaulted ceilings. The great room has a view south to the pond and the kitchen looks out west to the setting sun in the evening.
• The kitchen features a Corian countertop and Hanover cupboards. The kitchen island features a granite countertop with flat top ceramic cooktop with downdraft exhaust system. The kitchen also features a Sub-Zero fridge and freezer, convection oven and built-in microwave, and touch sensitive sink tap.
• The laundry/craft room is located off the kitchen and features a large island used for crafts and laundry. Built in ironing board and Miele washer and dryer complete the room.
• The 3-car garage features automatic doors powered by Garaga units. The centre bay is extra long for a longer truck or SUV. Doors from the garage head either toward the BBQ deck, the hanger/work shop or the front entry area.
• A staircase in the garage also provides convenient access to one of the home’s utility rooms
• In the lower level the lower hall connects all areas from a bathroom in the east to the indoor pool area in the west.
• The recreation room in the lower level features a Napoleon gas fireplace, build in entertainment units with easy access pull out unit for access to connections. This area is fully wired for surround-sound and also provided for an exit out to the back yard.
• The lower level also features a sunken guest room with double closets and a walk-out to the back yard.
• The lower level is also home to the indoor pool area that features its own self-contained climate control and ventilation, as well as a hot tub and sauna. The pool itself is a one-piece fiberglass unit measuring 13 X 30 foot (5 feet deep at the deepest end). A unique and specially designed air exchange system ensures that the solarium windows are kept clear of condensation.
• The lower level also features a cold storage room/wine cellar.
• The utility rooms house the ground source heating units that control pool heat, humidity and the heating and air conditioning of the house.
• The property grounds feature and oval-shaped spring-fed pond that is stocked with large-mouth bass. A convenient aluminum dock is built above water level to mitigate damage from frost. The south views, over the treetops, are that of Lake Simcoe at the point where Kempenfelt Bay joins the lake.
• Over 10,000 white cedar, white pine and Norwegian spruce have been planted on the property and useful farm land is rented out to a local tenant farmer who cultivates either soya beans or winter wheat. The forested areas of the property offer hiking trails throughout and are also used for cross country skiing and snow machines. Wood from the bush nearest the concession road is used in the wood burning fireplace. The property also showcases a small orchard. The apples from this orchard are used for making homemade apple juice and cider.
Listing Provided By
Re/Max Hallmark Chay Realty Inc., Brokerage
- Michael Stuart Webb
- Re/Max Chay Realty Inc.
- 152 Bayfield Street
- Barrie, ON
- L4M 3B5